1. Students must be a participant of a MMHS music ensemble (band, choir, or orchestra) for all 3 of their years at Maple Mountain High School.
2. Students must earn an overall, cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above for each year of participation.
3. Students must perform at least 12 hours of musical service outside of Maple Mountain High School throughout EACH of their three years of participation in the ensembles we offer (36 hours total). This service includes church performance solos, congregational directing, ensemble directing in church, community, or school, nursing or retirement facility performances, or other musical service approved by the music faculty.
4. In addition to the requirements listed above, students must complete at least one of the following:
As a member of an ensemble, receive three superior ratings at a UHSAA-sanctioned Large Choir, Concert Band, or Orchestra Festival.
As a member of an ensemble, receive two superior ratings at Region Solo & Ensemble Festival.
Receive at least one superior rating at a State Solo & Ensemble Festival (as a soloist or small ensemble, not a school ensemble)
Receive one superior rating at a Chamber Choir, Jazz, or String Ensemble Festival.
Participate as a Concerto/Aria soloist (if chosen for 2020, being selected will fulfill this requirement)
For at least two shows, participate as a member of the orchestra pit for the school musical.
Be the Music Sterling Scholar recipient or nominee, or other special recognition approved by the music faculty.
8. Participate in the Utah All-State Choir, Band, or Orchestra.
If you have any additional questions regarding lettering requirements, please email Mr. Rymer at email@example.com. All Google Form submissions must be completed no later than Thursday, April 30th 2020 at 3 PM.